Today I am sharing another little project with you using Tonic Studios NEW Woodland Buildables. I am using Olivia Owl this time and I think she has so much attitude!…. lol
So let's get started....
What I Did
- Take an 8" square white card. Cut a 7 3/4" square of green card and a 7 1/2" square of pink card and glue to the front of the card.
- Cut a 7" square of pale blue card and add to card base.
- To make the clouds use the long cutting edge from the Floral Strip set. Place cutting strip onto white card and cut. Then flip the die to the opposite side and cut again. Trim cloud shapes to suit.
- Stick clouds in position on card front.
- Next die cut and emboss three of the tummy area and lightly ink around the edges. Then cut the large body shape from pink gingham card and glue one tummy piece to the bottom of the body.
- Die cut the feet and beak from patterned papers. Stick the feet on.
- Cut the eyes from white and pink card, eyelashes and pupils in black. Glue the eye pieces together.
- Cut the glasses in green card.
- Add the eyes, then the beak and glasses to owl's body using 3D foam pads to add dimension.
- Glue the remaining tummy pieces to the body sides to make the wings.
- Die cut the banner and greeting and glue together.
- Stick owl into place and add banner to finish.
What I Used
Essentials – Buildables – Olivia Owl – 1591E
Essentials – Banners – 1594E
Essentials – Flower & Heart Strip Die Set – 1555E